Dental Exams and Cleanings Near You
Attending biannual dental exams and cleanings is an easy but effective way to ensure that your oral health remains in good standing. Though an exam and a cleaning are two different treatments, they’re typically combined into one appointment.
At our local dental clinic, we provide dental exams and cleanings near you. So, if the time has come for you to schedule a visit, please give our staff a call today!
Steps of an Exam
- You’ll be shown to a chair and then a dental hygienist will ask you about your at-home cleaning habits and medical history.
- Your mouth will be thoroughly evaluated. A small mirror is used to do this because it helps the hygienist see your teeth and gums from different angles.
- X-rays are taken of your smile, allowing your team to see what’s going on beneath your gums and with your tooth roots.
Steps of a Cleaning
- The plaque, tartar, and bacteria that have gathered on your teeth and along your gums will be removed with an instrument known as a scaler.
- Your teeth will be brushed with an electric toothbrush and gritty toothpaste. This helps scrub away stains in addition to polishing your smile.
- Your hygienist will floss for you; then you can spit and rinse.
- The fluoride treatment is last. Whether it’s a gel, varnish, or foam, the substance will sit on your smile for a minute. This helps stop cavities from developing.
- Throughout the appointment, your dentist will come by and see how you are doing.
Dental exams and cleanings in Vancouver only last around an hour or so; before you leave, your dentist will assist you in setting up another visit in 6 months’ time.
Come to Our Dental Office Today
Having you been searching for a place that provides all patients, both new and returning, reliable and affordable dental exams and cleanings near you? Search no longer! Here at Imagine Dental Group, our team is dedicated to helping everyone who walks into our practice achieve their smile goals. To arrange a consultation, give us a call or send us an email via the form on our website. We look forward to seeing you soon!